Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Let's Call It a Football Party (so I don't get sued)!

Sorry I'm skipping around a bit, but I just wanted to share my latest party while it's at least a little bit timely.  I'll be back with more details about the "girly party" soon.

Football.

#1.  You know the name for the big game that just happened?  It's copyrighted.  So...

#2. We had a "football" party for said big game.  It was a small party, but we had a blast!  (warning:  lots of photos taken with very little natural light ahead)
We kept the "menu" very simple with tailgate type foods (for the most part).  We served hot dogs --both in buns and cut up for the little one...

FYI my mustard and ketchup bottles made a come back.  That was one good $2.00 investment.   I kinda love them!

chili cheese (waffle) fries (which look disgusting in these photos but that were actually delish)...
hot pretzels...
popcorn...
rye boat (and carrots) with chip beef dip...
and pizza rolls.  These were kind of a joke-- we saw them in our local grocery ad (frozen foods).  They were called Cole's Pizza Rolls and since Cole LOVES pizza I bought them.  FYI:  They were gross.
For dessert we had football brownies...
OR if you REALLY wanted to go all out we had SuperBowl Sundaes (complete with green tinted coconut to look like turf).
also looks gross, but was sooo good!

Of course this party would've just been a run-of-the-mill tailgate party if it weren't for the AMAZING and FREE printables that I found all over blogland.  

The snack baskets, popcorn cups, pretzel bags and footballs (for the picks) were all designed by Jen St. Clair from Little Sprout Creations as seen on Hostess with the Mostess-- one of my all time favorite party sites.  They also have beverage labels as well with this collection.  Aren't these some of the best FREE ptintables you've ever seen?!



Oh, and the same cake stand that I used here, here and here (hiding under the green tutu) is back and coordinated well with the help of a scrapbook paper wrap.

The straw flags (for this year's game) and the cupcake wraps (that I used for baby carrots) were found at Living Locurto (whom I've been following for a long time).
how funny are those that say "I'm here for the commercials" ?
The banner and food tent card labels I found on Catch My Party (they are from 9 to 5 Mom).

We also played SuperBowl bingo and had football coloring pages and mazes to keep the 4 year old occupied during the game.  Oh, and the Giants won so we were happy campers here -- even though our REAL team is the Pittsburgh Steelers-- next year :) 

Add to these printable pieces a $1.97 tablecloth from Walmart, some solid green wrapping paper for the background (which I already had), some thin brown ribbon (on hand) and (2) $.20 (on sale) pieces of 12" X 12" brown scrapbooking paper (for contrast on the green tablecloth) and I put together this party (not including food costs) for around $2.50!   
Proof that if you're willing to do a little bit of work, you CAN throw an awesome party on VERY little money.

  

No comments: