Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome to my blog adventure.

So… it’s January 1, 2011 (1-1-11).  I think it’s a good day to start blogging! 

I’ve been thinking about starting a blog for quite a while and today seemed like a good day to begin the process.  Why?  Because I am one of those people who needs a good start date before I actually start anything.   I only start diets on Mondays.  I only like to schedule bills to be paid on odd days (I have no idea why).   I only reset my daily life, like deciding to make my bed everyday, on one of the good days of a month.  

“Good Days of the Month?” you ask.  Why the 1st or the 15th (the halfway point) of course.  When given the choice of a few dates, I even chose the 15th for the birth of my son 3 years ago (mandatory c-section, I'm not THAT much of a control freak I swear!).  

In fact, if I get the urge to change something around the 17th or so… I’ll wait until the 1st of the next month to actually do it-- even if it's driving me nuts to wait that long.  Crazy? ... maybe.   Me ... absolutely!

Two of my favorite boys!
So today’s the 1st of the month, the first of the year and the first of a new decade—the PERFECT time to start my new blog.  I don’t really know where I’m going with this yet, but I’m excited to get some things down on virtual paper and see where it leads me.  I have ideas but they are still kind of mish-mashed.  So for now I’ll keep my little blog a secret. Once I have a real plan for it I’ll let the rest of you in on it.  And if you happen to happen upon my blog before I make this little venture public knowledge, then “Welcome!” and I hope I don’t bore you to death!  :)

No comments: