Friday, January 7, 2011

What is a cheapskate exactly?

Let’s define cheapskate shall we? 

According to dictionary.com:

cheap·skate   
[cheep-skeyt] 
noun, verb, -skat·ed, -skat·ing. Informal .
noun
1.
a person who is stingy and miserly


That’s not EXACTLY what how I define cheapskate (and who are you going to trust really?  A bonafide trusted website or me?)

Right.  Now here’s how I define cheapskate (at least when it comes to ME):


cheap·skate
[cheep-skeyt]
-noun
1.
a person who is frugal and likes to brag about all her great finds and DIY projects (see photo below).



And here’s how I define being frugal:


Fru·gal
[froo-guhl]
-adjective
1.
entailing little expense; requiring few resources; meager; scanty
2.
a person who uses the following chart (developed by moi) as mantra:

that last part of the graphic should read $.01 - $.49 and I'm too lazy to go back to fix it -- Sorry!

No comments: