Sunday, April 17, 2011

Things don't always go as planned.

So today I was planning to use these to make a little something I've been planning for  quite a while.

But sometimes  things don't go as planned.  Like when I got to the part I was most excited about and this:
looked like this when I took the cap off for the first time.

Arrggghhh.   Guess I have to head back to the store for an exchange and then wait for a time that I have enough daylight to take good photos again so... stay tuned.

For now... I'd like to start a new featured called 'Use what ya' got'.  It's one GREAT way to save money.  Truth be told, my 'Use what ya' got' only sort of follows the rules though because all of my "got" things are things that I recently purchased -- two you've already seen here,  one you haven't.

Let me introduce you to my latest Goodwill find:




$4.50.  (Still had the original Marshall's price tag on it-- $9.99 marked down from $18)   LOVE!

And here's my new favorite white vase all dolled up for Spring.


I love the use of the vase for the clementines too.  Unexpected and beautiful (if I do say so myself) ;)






Got an interesting use for something common?  I'd love to hear about it.  Leave me a comment and/or link to a photo!

No comments: