Guess what? It was a no-go. Bummer.
Here's the string I decided to try it with:
|I decided to just try a small bit of the "more luxurious" string at first to see if it would actually work|
I should have known when I was making my lines and they weren't spreading like they did with the crochet cotton. I had to make several passes to get a thick enough line.
I actually had to sort of color these lines in-- not just drag the marker through the string like last time.
I still thought there might be hope though after I got all the lines on...
I kinda knew though that it wasn't going to be good when I moved the ruler and saw this:
That didn't happen with the other string.
So I elevated it and let it dry a bit before unraveling, only to find...
Front side good, back side not. Boo.
Oh well-- at least I didn't waste too much time on a messed up pile of string.